About FMOT… The Fire Museum of Texas opened in 1986 and is endorsed by the Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas as, “The Official Fire Museum of Texas”. Operating as a 501 (c)(3) the Museum is managed by a Board of Directors through a partnership with the City of Beaumont. The Museum is recognized as one of Texas’s Best FREE places for individuals, groups and families to visit.
Dedicated to the preservation and education of the rich history of the fire fighting service, fire prevention education and fire safety, the Museum is housed in a working historic 1927 Central Fire Station.
The two story building recognized as a Texas Historic Landmark is an unusual style of Renaissance Revival architecture. The masonry eagle above the first floor bays and the colored tiles compliment the masonry cornice.
Located in downtown Beaumont the museum is within walking distance of multiple museums, restaurants and ten significant sites on the National Register of Historical Places. Just two blocks from the Crocket Street Entertainment District the https://speedbet77.com offers visitors the opportunity to view vintage fire engines and equipment and memorabilia dating back to the late 1600’s.
Visitors won’t want to miss the 1909 Aerial ladder truck, the 1856 Howe Hand Drawn Pumper, the 1931 Light Truck used for search and rescue in the 1937 New London School Explosion and the Gamewell Call Box Alarm System used before there were telephones. Children will love the two-story interactive miniature house designed to practice fire escape plans and the opportunity to dress up and sit behind the wheel of a real fire engine.
The operating hours are Monday- Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 p.m. Admission is free. After hour tours and facility rental for private functions are available by calling 409-880-3927.
This museum is a Singapore Fire Museum. Located in the Clarke Quay area. The architecture of the building is very unique. Very European style. This building-dominated color is red and white. The architecture of the building adapting ancient European buildings ensures that it will not escape our eyes. At the first time we set foot on the door of the display room Civil Defense Heritage Gallery. We will be immediately greeted by the evolution of various types of large-sized fire trucks. It turned out that the old fire department used the cart. Then the car is like a Bajaj. Until finally there is a fire truck.
The most unique in this museum is the Fire Engine of the past, the first time Singapore had it. This antique car is very long, but the component parts look pretty sophisticated. Then there are various display tubes and fire hose. Up to a variety of vintage firefighter helmets. Go up to the second floor. There will be a variety of interesting dioramas ranging from the ruins of buildings, emergency simulations, to cosplay firefighter uniforms for children. This combination of real uniqueness presented by the gallery creates a pleasant atmosphere that can certainly be enjoyed by visitors of all ages.
The Story of Great Fires in Singapore. On May 25, 1961 in Singapore there was a very large fire. namely Bukit Ho Swee Fire. Here Kampong 250 acres, 2800 houses burned down. 16 thousand people suddenly became homeless because the house was burned down. 85 people were injured and 4 people died. A fire that became a national disaster for the country of Singapore. Since then Singapore has been determined to build buildings that are safer from fire. Initiated by the Housing and Development Board (HDB), Singapore makes apartments that can accommodate many people with a more comfortable and safe environment. They also make stricter rules. After being studied living in a village with many houses turned out to pose a risk of fire.
Then in 1972 there was another great fire. The Robinson House is on fire. Is a well-known department of stores in Singapore. This fire is caused by an old cable that has shorted. The building was burned down and killed 9 people. Since then the Singapore government has set stricter regulations to anticipate that there will be no more fires in buildings. Singapore for now very rarely fires, because they are very strict with regulations relating to fire preventive. Especially considering that Singapore consists of all buildings. Apartment, hotel and office. Learning from the disasters that have occurred they are now a safer city, and certainly remain with sophisticated firefighting forces.
The Fire Museum building was built in 1920 in a European style, has more than 700 exhibitions in two rooms that occupy an area of 350 square meters. In the main room there are pumps made in China and England, old English fire engines, screens that show firefighters coming down the pole, data, historic drawings, and shields, flags, diplomas, medals and badges from brigades. There were also mannequins wearing ceremonial uniforms in the 1940s.
The second room displays more faces than brigades where there are models from the Central Operations Post, electronic boards that show the location of past and present fire stations, helmets and a pair of traditional Chinese boots, hoses and pipes, ancient fire alarms, placards with wells, respiratory equipment, and public water hydrants. There are also models that exemplify the effects of fires on wooden cabins.
This place is a place that is worth a visit if you want to travel to Macau. As a consideration if you want to visit this place, here are some reviews of fire museums in Macau from people who have visited this place. Very interesting. Again, museum entrance fees. This place is beautiful. A good history of how fire prevention was carried out in the past. Some old fire trucks. Interesting concept of how water pressure is built before automation. Children will love to see it, especially young people.
A pleasant holiday and friendly staff. We happened at this small museum because we were lost looking for the red market. How nice, a little far from the casino and the hustle and bustle! The original and suitable old fire truck is really interesting. Map the house and give you a feeling of how great it really is. Above all that. I asked the guards how we should be from the red market and he gave me instructions. When we walked to the museum, he returned a better map and marked the location he had for me. Talk about service! Honestly, take the time to visit this attraction.
Great choice for a short visit to the museum! This is a very good museum, which only takes one hour. The museum is housed in a 1920 building, which looks like a genuine neighborhood fire station. By visiting this place, we learn more about the history of firefighters, especially in Macau itself. Children are certainly happy to get new lessons and new knowledge from this place.
Australia has a fire museum located in Victoria and this is very interesting to visit. Visitors will be fascinated when circling the area of the museum, starting from the view of the magnificent yellow-painted building with its red tower and then entering the main door which is dark green. The journey starts from the main council room which has original decorations in the 70s. This room displays a variety of cars that used to be used to extinguish fires and operated around 1970.
The journey continues to the next room, namely the head office, this room presents statistical data on fire victims in several Victoria regions. Around the room are presented various models of souvenir mutations given to retired firefighters. There is also a telephone house that was used as a communication tool with fire victims. Visitors from can also visit the International room which is a memorial area dedicated to those who have lost their lives in carrying out their duties. The museum also provides touring facilities for students and students or visitors in a number of groups accompanied by a museum guide and surrounds the whole area of this room.
Hidden Gem in Melbourne. Is that a great fire in Melbourne? It is impossible – it turns out there are two, one year apart. the things you learn. This is a lovingly guarded museum that allows you to appreciate the skills, commitment, and perseverance of firefighters. And really everyone survived because of collection and care. This and like helmets are collected by people, others care for communication centers, and so on. Network of colleagues with mission, work and retirement. The watch tower that they use to see fire, is high, still exists, but unfortunately it is not accessible. This museum is good for adults but does not need to paddle because they do not need to ride beautiful and luxurious exhibitions.
The New York City Fire Museum is the official FDNY museum. Occupying a Beaux Arts fire extinguisher that was renovated in 278 Spring Street on Hudson Square, west of SoHo, this museum is home to a famous collection of art and fire-related artifacts from the 18th century to the present including fire engines pumped with hands, horse-drawn vehicles, early motorized equipment and fire fighting equipment and equipment. In a museum there must be many items of value whether in terms of history or price. Of course, the items inside the fire department are also the same. Of the many vehicles and equipment available, we can also study the history of firefighters, especially in New York City. This is great for children where we can teach them about firefighters starting from the tools used to how firefighters work in putting out fires from time to time.
Here are some experiences from people who have visited this fire fighting museum. You can make a review of the following experience as a reference if you are going to travel to a new and never visited place. History of fire fighting – I have a weak point for history. Hydrants for wood water pipes and machines are operated by 48 people and wow! I cried at the warning for the 9/11 fire department. Luckily there was a tissue near the door. Unfortunately, there is no fire department there.
Great view, lots of history. I recommend this for all ages. If you enjoy history, you will love this place. We went as a family (12 year old grandson). Short but sweet. Stumbled in the museum on the way to the 9/11 commemoration while wondering around downtown Manhattan. There are a number of different equipment that have been used for years in New York. The building is a nice old fire house. With only being on the 2nd floor it didn’t take long to walk but for $ 10 it passed a pretty pleasant time. Worth a visit if in the area, I’m not sure we’ll go out of our way to visit.
Interesting to visit this Fire Museum. We stumbled across the New York Fire Museum and decided to visit. A very friendly girl was at the table and welcomed us. The museum consists of two floors with exhibits from very old to 9/11. Overall, we feel interesting and happy to have supported NYFD. Make sure you put it on your travel list!
The Tokyo Fire Museum is a historical tourist attraction that you can visit in Tokyo. This alternative tourist spot is free of charge, free or free. As the name implies, the museum is of course attached to all aspects of the fire and how to deal with it. Maybe you did not expect that the modern and sophisticated city of Tokyo was often devoured by the red rooster. When a fire broke out in the past, Tokyo often experienced fires, countless how many buildings had been lost. Fires occur not only because of the vulnerability of the city to being hit by a fire because there are triggers such as typhoons and tsunami earthquakes, also due to the high population density so that the fire easily spreads in a crowded place.
Therefore, the Tokyo Fire Museum was established with the aim of capturing various moments of these great fires. At the same time also explain how to fight it effectively. The existence of this museum can also be used to provide learning to the next generation on how to deal with the fire disaster. The museum itself consists of 10 floors and 1 basement. Inside there are two floors that cannot be accessed by the members and public, namely the 2nd and 8th floors. When visiting here, you will be immediately greeted by a mascot museum, Fire-kun who has an anime character wearing an identical costume of a fire officer.
Here also visitors can see the exhibition of fire engines which last operated in 1982. On the basement floor there are various exhibitions around the fire engine. As is known that in Tokyo, fire engines have been known since 1917 ago. Since then, the development of the car model has been very rapid. Interesting all information and description about the development and various features in the fire engine can be seen in this museum. You can also find various collections of fire photographs here.
Check out the experience of a man and his family who just visited this place! Children love it & it’s free. My niece likes everything about firefighters and they like this place! Located in the fire station building, entrance tickets are free and there are different exhibits on each floor. The roof has a real helicopter that can be climbed by children. There are ancient fire trucks, 500-year history of firefighting exhibitions in Japan, firefighter costumes for kids to take photos, and even firefighting arcade games with long queues.
Melbourne is a unique city with a variety of famous tourism attractions to the end of the world. Not only is the center of fashion, the center of culinary tourism or the provider of the largest art performances but also a city that captures a variety of history with dozens of museums that it built. One of the unique museums that is also on the outskirts of the city is the Fire Services Museum of Victoria. Located in 39 Gisborne St, East Melbourne, Victoria. The museum was originally formed in 1972 by a group of people to preserve Fire Extinguisher memorabilia in large red cars. It is one of the rare museums in the world and only exists in several other parts of Australia. This building is also included in the Victoria Heritage List and has a National Trust classification.
This museum captures more than 20,000 items related to fire events originating from within the country as well as news or photos from abroad. Including the Fire Country Authority, and the Metropolitan Fire Department, as well as a collection of some equipment that was burned from the victim’s house, data containing history of personnel, memorabilia and other fire-related items. Most of the personnel working at this museum are retirees from firefighters so they can present original stories from the various great fire events he has handled.
They are also volunteers who earn little wages but are willing to work in this place to preserve all memorials in their youth. If the touring has finished and the time to go home has arrived, visitors can visit one of the shops which is also located around the area of this building. Fire Services Museum of Victoria Shop offers a variety of unique objects that visitors can take home, including various mini fire engines, CDs about fires, firefighters’ caps, T-shirts and other items suitable for children. The closing of the exciting journey revealed the history of fires a few years ago.
There are not many people who go to the museum, but if you are thinking about the Fire Museum of Texas, you might want to think about visiting this museum. Yes, there are some nice reasons why you might want to visit this museum. The first one is because of the temporary exhibit section. This museum offers you the temporary exhibit sections that will change regularly. That means if you have missed one exhibit, you might not be able to see that exhibit again. Therefore, you might want to visit this museum regularly.
The second is because there is a playground where your kids can play. You need to know that this museum is also a nice playground if you have a kid or two. That is because you will not need to worry about taking your kids to the museum and suddenly they are bored. You can always go to the playground, which is a nice place to spend your time with your kids.
The last but not least, this museum has a lot of amusing events that might attract your attention. For your information, one of the most anticipated events is going to happen on the first weekend of October. This is the Fire Prevention and Family Safety Festivals. Your kids will surely love to attend this event. As an addition to that, this fire museum also has some other events you might love to attend. You just need to check on their calendar. Those are some of the reasons why you might need to visit the Fire Museum of Texas. If you think FMOT is just a mere fire museum, you are totally wrong because this fire museum is more than a mere fire museum. It is one landmark in Texas that attracts a lot of attentions.
The Fire Museum of Texas, FMOT, can be considered as one of the most famous fire museums that you can find in Texas because of many reasons. However, the number of exhibitions that you can find in FMOT is one of the most important things that made this fire museum is famous. For your information, on the exhibition area of FMOT, there are three main exhibits that you can find. Here are some of those things.
The first one is the permanent exhibits. This area consists of the exhibits that cannot be moved or something that will stay there for a long time, permanently. That is one reason why this area is called the permanent exhibit. For your information, there are a lot of artifacts related with the old days of this fire department building in Texas. You will be able to find a lot of histories on this section of FMOT. The next one is the digital collection exhibit. This area is the area where you can find many different records such as photos and videos related with this building and the fire history in Texas. For your information, FMOT works with the university and the library in Texas to make this part of the museum. That is because they and will not be able to do it alone.
The last but not least, you will be able to find the temporary exhibits. From the name, this section might not be that interesting but the fact is that this section is considered as one of the most crowded ones. That is because you can find something special on this section and the exhibits changed regularly. That is why this section is called the temporary exhibits. Who knows what kind of exhibits that you will find after the current theme on this exhibition section in FMOT.
Many people think that fire museum will only give you the exhibits to see and watch. However, that thing is not something that you can find in Fire Museum of Texas. This fire museum can be considered as a nice play to spend your time with your family. That is because this place offers you more than the exhibits on the section. There are also some festivals and events that you can attend on this Fire Museum of Texas. For your information, one of the most awaited event that many people are waiting for is the Fire Prevention and Family Safety Festival.
This event is a yearly event held by FMOT on the first weekend of October. That is the regular schedule of this event so that you cannot miss that date. This event is becoming one of the most anticipated events because this event is free to attend and there are a lot of nice things that you with members can find on this festival. One of them is the speech about the safety and health information that you might need. The free give away is also one thing that many kids are looking for from this event.
The kids will also love to watch the direct demonstration from the firefighters related with putting out the flame. This is not something that they can see every day and that is one thing that attracts a lot of attentions from the kids. The last but not least, this yearly event also has the games and activities that can be played and done by the kids. Therefore, you can simply say that this is a great way to introduce the safety from fire to your kids. There are a lot of things that will surely attract their attention from this yearly event in FMOT.
It is something that you cannot deny that a museum has a lot of old things. However, that does not mean that you will only see the old things in a museum, at least, not in Fire Museum of Texas. In this fire museum, there are some nice objects that you can use as your photo background. As an addition to that, these attractions can also be considered as the must-see attractions in FMOT. Here are some of those attractions.
The first one is the largest hydrant. This giant hydrant is located on the front area of this museum. With the height reaching 24 feet, it is hard not to notice this giant hydrant in FMOT. For your information, this hydrant is not a mere decoration since this hydrant can be used to put out the flame. The maximum water capacity of this water hydrant is reaching 1,500 gallons of water. The next one is the Firefighter Memorial. Actually, this statue is made to appreciate the whole Texas firefighters, but since this fire museum is the main fire museum in Texas, the statue is built here.
The next third one is the 9-11 Memorial Spot. This spot attracts a lot of attention, especially because of the fact that this spot is the spot where you can remember all of the sacrifices from all of the firefighters helping on that incident.
Even though this spot is not a happy spot but this spot is surely one thing that attracts a lot of attention because of the things that are placed as the reminders of the 9-11 incident. Those are some of the main attractions that you can find in Fire Museum of Texas. In conclusion, if you think that there are only old things that will bother you in this fire station, you are totally wrong.
Emergency situation, especially fire, often happen without notice. It is very important to make sure everyone is prepared to handle the situation. In this article, we will elaborate some important rules in case your house catch a fire.
Here are the rules you can follow to ensure everyone’s safety during a fire:
• Make sure you kids know local emergency number. Put magnets and stickers with important emergency numbers on every telephone in your house and your refrigerator. They will know whom to call when they encounter emergency situations and no adult is around. In case a fire happens in your house when everyone is around, choose a family member who is the most reliable to leave the house and make a call to the fire department through nearest neighbor’s phone.
• Select a meeting point outside. You can choose the end of driveway or a large tree that is close enough for your family to reach, but far enough for the fire to spread. Choosing the right meeting point is very important to make sure everyone is able to get out safely. Going back into your burning house is strictly PROHIBITED regardless of the reason. Inform the firefighters if any family member is missing. With the equipment and clothing they have, they will be able to rescue people o safely.
• Create an escape plan and make sure everyone is informed about it. You can practice it together when all family members are around so everyone understands what to do during fire. Make sure to look for two different exit from each room in case one exit is blocked by smoke or fire. Both exit routes need to be practiced to make sure screens can be removed quickly and the windows aren’t stuck.
• In case the fire gets on your clothes, stop your movement, drop yourself, and roll your body until the fire in your clothes disappear. You can shout for help but running is PROHIBITED. The fire will only burn faster if you are running. It is normal to feel panic but in this situation, you need to get yourself together and do what is suggested: Stop, Drop, and Roll.
The list above are some of safety rules you need to follow to handle a fire. Every family members, including your children need to be aware about these rules so severe casualties can be prevented in case your house catches a fire.
It is important to know about what to do after we manage to escape a fire. There are several things that everyone need to understand to ensure everyone’s safety. In this article, we will elaborate several things you can do after escaping a fire.
Here are several things you need to do after going out from a burning house.
• Count your family members: after you escape from your house, make sure to do a head count to check is all family members are safely getting out. If you find someone is missing, make sure to re-enter your house ONLY if the condition is safe enough for you to do so. If it is impossible for you to re-enter, make sure to immediately inform the first responders when they arrive at your house. Likewise, make sure to inform the firefighters if everyone is able to escape safely, so they do not have to send their people to look for people inside the house and endanger their lives.
• Call local emergency number: during emergency situation, including fire, make sure to call for emergency numbers. In North America, it is 911, 111 for New Zealand, 000 for Australia, and 999 for United Kingdom. You can also call 112 from your mobile phone if you live in UK. This number is being a priority on your mobile phone because there are too many unintentional calls made to 999. Number 112 is also applicable to every part of Europe. If necessary, the network will direct your call to your local emergency number. If you don’t bring your mobile phone with you, then you can call it from your neighbor’s house.
• Assess for any injury: after the firefighters arrive, check for injury on your family members and yourself. If you find any, inform the fire department or medic so they can tend the injuries immediately. If the injury is not severe, you can try to tend by yourself in case the responders are too busy to take care of the fire.
• Make sure to keep a safe distance from the burning building to avoid any collapsing structure. Take the important measures after the fire just to be safe.
The list above already explain several things you can do after escaping a fire in your house. You need to make sure every family member know local emergency number so any of them can make an emergency call as soon as possible.
As one of the area where wildfire often occur, it is important for ranchers in Texas to prepare themselves to face the emergency situation. In this article, we will elaborate several useful tips for ranchers to follow in case of sudden wildfire.
Some of the tips for ranches to handle a wildfire in Texas are listed below:
• Inform nearest fire department immediately once a wildfire breaks. Make sure to have extra combination lists and gate keys to be given to the responders. You need to be ready for coordination with the fire crews if you possess prior contracts for several equipment use.
• Evacuate your cherished possessions, livestock, pets, and family to a safer place as soon as you spot the wildfire and monitor the condition. If you want to take care of your property, you need to make sure that you consider your family first. Decide who evacuates and who stays based on their vulnerability. Make sure no elderly, young children, or ill family members are staying at the property.
• Provide your knowledge regarding the area near your living area to the fire crews. The knowledge you have regarding the land geography, fence lines, water sources location, and access roads can provide useful help to the fire crews that probably are not familiar with your living area.
• Create a good communication with fire operations. Give permission, offer assistance, and ask questions. If your ranch catch a fire, the fire crews will have to stay communicating with you. Understand and be patient that there are a lot of moving parts to an operation to tame a wildfire. There are many times where decisions need communication between multiple stakeholders and probably will take longer than you expected to.
• Do not jump into conclusions or panic. Both ranchers and firefighters in Texas possess the same objectives whenever a wildfire happens. Those objectives are to protect livelihoods, property, and lives. Stored hay and grazing areas may be a huge loss for the rancher. By communicating with local fire operations and sharing your knowledge to them, the fire crews will be able to perform an operation efficiently and effectively while protecting the things that are important
The list above already explain briefly about several useful tips for Texas ranchers on how to handle a wildfire. The key to a successful operation is communication between fire operations and ranchers, so make sure to cooperate with the fire crews during the operation.
When our house catch a fire, it is normal for everyone to be in panic. However, it is also important to know what to do when there is a fire and how to prevent a fire. We will give some useful tips for your family in this article.
You can read several tips regarding facing and preventing fire on the following list below:
• You need to fall and crawl to escape a fire. By crawling, you will be able to breathe easier while escaping during a fire. Before you open a door, check the temperature with the back of your hand to make sure it is not hot. But if the door you choose is hot, find another way out instead of persisting on the current door.
• During a fire, you need to go outside. DO NOT HIDE. Fires are indeed scary and you may want to hide from it, but hiding under beds or in closets is PROHIBITED. You will not be able to get away from fire by hiding, and most furniture at home is easily burned. So the best way to get away from fire is to go outside, no matter how scary it is.
• When you change the time of your clocks to Daylight Savings, make sure to change the batteries of your smoke alarm. Change it to fresh batteries so the smoke alarm will remain awake and monitor the fire even when everyone is sleeping.
• Do not forget to test smoke detectors each month. You need to make sure every family member in your house is familiar with the sound of smoke detectors. Inform them that the piercing sound means emergency situation or danger. Tell them to quickly escape if they hear the sound.
• Make sure to install smoke detectors on each floor and within the sleeping areas of the house. This equipment is important to save lives. Make sure to inform every family members, especially your kids, on where the smoke detectors are located so everyone will know where the source of the smoke is.
• Do not let your kids play with lighters and matches. Make sure to put both things in places where kids cannot reach them.
Those are some of the useful things you can follow to avoid catching a fire in your house. It is important to do preventive measure so you can prevent severe casualties in case a fire actually broke. Make sure every family members follow these things.
Fire museum is not one type of museum that will have a lot of visitors daily. As an addition to that, the fact that this kind of museum usually opens around three to four days in a week is also another factor that results in the small number of visitors of this kind of museum. Fortunately, that kind of opinion is not applied to the Fire Museum of Texas. Yes, this fire museum is considered as one museum in Texas that will always full of visitors. If you are asking why, here are some of the answers.
The first one is because this museum has the temporary exhibits that will surely attract a lot of attention. The temporary exhibit shows you something unique and will only stay for some times. Because of that reason, many people do not want to miss the chance of watching the temporary exhibits on this museum. The second thing that attracts a lot of attention from players is the fact that there are a lot of different events that you can find in this museum. This is something totally nice because the events can attract a lot of attention and that event is the best time to introduce the Fire Museum of Texas to many people who come to the event.
The last but not least, this fire museum also has the spots that you can rent based on your need, just in case you want to have a small event in this area. For your information, they also have the birthday package for kids because they know how the kids love to watch the firefighters and stuffs. You can also try to get a spot for the birthday of your kid if you want. That will be an amazing birthday party that you can give to your little kid.
Birthday party is one thing worth to remember as a kid. If you want to try something new, you might want to simply pick Fire Museum of Texas as the venue of your kids birthday party. This is something quite unique though, because the modern firefighters think that there are a lot of ways to introduce the safety to the kids related with the fire incident and renting the area for the birthday party is one of them. If you are thinking about using FMOT as the venue for your kids birthday, there are two main packages that you can choose.
The first package can be considered as the main package. It is called the Captains Party. On this package, you will be able to use all of the kitchen facilities that you can find in Fire Museum of Texas. However, there are terms and agreements that need to know related with the usage of the kitchen facilities.
As an addition to that, you will also get a coloring book with the additional crayon for all of the guests. If you want something better, you can ask for a fire helmet and a badge with the additional two dollars for every kid. For the total price, you need to pay 175 dollars for this package.
The second package is the Chiefs Party. You can simply say that this is the deluxe package because you can get all of the things on the Captains Party plus some other additions such as the demonstration from the firefighters of Beaumont and jumping on the real fire truck and all of its tools and equipment. That will be something amazing to have. For the price, you need to spend about 250 dollars for this package. So, which one you will choose for your kid?
No one wants their house to catch a fire. However, it is very important to prepare ourselves for the worst. In this article, we will give several useful tips on what to do during a fire.
The list below will explain the tips on what to do during a fire.
• React immediately after you hear the sound of smoke detectors: if the smoke detector is ringing, you have to try to exit your house as safely and soon as possible. The smoke from the fire will make you sleep even deeper if you do not react immediately. Ignore your phones and important possessions. Focus on getting out of the house as soon as possible.
• Find the safest exits: avoid any door that has smoke appearing under it. The smoke is poisonous and it will surely followed by fire. If you cannot see any smoke from the door, check the temperature of the door using the back of your hand. If it feels cool, you can use that door, but if it is hot, try to find other exit.
• Avoid inhaling smoke: make sure to crawl your way out instead of standing to avoid inhaling smoke. Cover your mouth and nose with wet clothes or rags if you can to help filter the smoke.
• Stop, drop, and roll: if you find your clothes is on fire, stop moving, drop yourself and roll your body until the fire is out. Make sure to put your hands to cover your face while rolling your body.
• Ward the smoke off in case you cannot get out: there might be a chance where you cannot escape your house. In this case, do not panic. Close the door and make sure to cover every cracks and vents near the door with tape or cloth to keep out the smoke as long as possible.
• Call for help through a second floor window: do everything you can to get into the area where the firefighters are able to see or hear you. Take a white cloth or anything and put it at your window. Open the window and stay close to it until the firefighters save you.
Those are several things you need to do during a fire in your house. Make sure all of your family members are informed regarding these things so they can act immediately in care a fire occur. Create an escape plan and practice it at least twice a year.
There are various types of museums. There are museums of vehicles, ancient museums, museums of architecture, and so on. One type of museum that is interesting for you to visit with family is the fire museum. As the name implies, this museum stores various kinds of relics belonging to firefighters in an area. The museum belonging to the firefighters is a means of educating the public about the activities of firefighters and also the history of the formation of a fire department. In this world there have been many fire museums. Below are some of the extinguishing museums in the world.
Fire Museum in the united states and its content
The United States is one of the countries that also has a fire museum. One of the fire museums in America is the New York Fire Department Museum. As the name implies, this museum is located in New York, precisely in Manhattan. If you visit this museum, you can watch various kinds of objects, record archives, and photos of firefighters’ activities in New York. The fire museum in New York is also a storage area for various relics of the September 11, 2001 tragedy. The entrance ticket is also very cheap, in examples $ 8 for adults and $ 5 for children. This fire museum in New York has always been a destination for tourists, both local and foreign.
Inside the fire museum you with fans will encounter many interesting tidbits that related about the firefighter itself. For examples, there are list of fire fighter vehicle evolution throughout the century. From the most traditional one to the most advanced one. This list of vehicles are applied specifically into the museum in order to give greater references regarding the power of the fire fighter in the united states of America and even though it has many evolution, it still need to be remodel again in order to make it much more effective and efficient against fire.
Not to mention the bread and butter of fire fighter which is the tools of their trade. Yes, inside the fire museum you mostly will see some of the fire fighter equipment side by side. From their protection clothes, fire axe, hose, helm and many more. All of these can be seen inside the fire museum. Which is perfect to give better insight on how the technology have made fire fighter job much easier and also safer. This can be a great references for people who are designing fire fighter equipment as well a good reference for people who are aspire to become a fire fighter themselves.
In the history of the states, Texas can be considered as one of those states who have one of the roughest environment since many years ago. That is because there are a lot of fire accidents that you can find in Texas. Because of that reason, you can simply say that there are a lot of fire departments that you can find in Texas. As the time goes, those fire departments started to have their own museum. That is why there are a lot of fore museums that you can find in Texas. Here are some of those fire museums that you can find in Texas.
The first one is Texas Fire Museum. This museum is located in Dallas Texas. The opening hour starts from 10 am to 2 pm. Unfortunately, this museum only opens three days in a week, staring from Thursday to Saturday so that this museum is only open for the weekend time only. The second one is the Fire Museum of Texas. The name is quite similar, but this museum is different from the first one. This museum is located in Beaumont. For your information, this fire museum used to be one of the biggest fire department in Texas so that you can say that this museum is one of the best fire museums in Texas. For your additional information, this fire museum is also considered as one of the landmarks in Texas.
The next one is Dallas Firefighters Museum. This museum is named by on its location in Dallas. For the opening hour, this fire museum starts its service from nine in the morning and closes at four in the afternoon. To make it even better, this museum opens from Wednesday to Saturday so that you have plenty of days to choose if you want to visit this museum.
Texas is one of the area in United States where wildfires often occur suddenly. Thus, it is very crucial for ranches to always be prepared to face the emergency situation. In this article, we will elaborate several important preparation you can do handle a wildfire.
Here are several preparation you can do to face a wildfire in Texas.
• Prepare your family: make sure to always have a supply kit for emergency in every personal vehicles and ranch. Make an appointment to relatives or friends outside the possible wildfire area so you are able to communicate with the rest of family members who will evacuate to those places. Check whether the supply kit for emergency fulfill the recommendation from American Red Cross. Pre-programming the GPS devices you have with several escape routes because the visibility will probably be low during the fire. Understand the evacuation routes and make sure you have multiple exits from your primary residence and headquarters. Make a disaster plan for your family that includes communication plans and meeting locations. Practice the plan regularly to prepare your family. Make sure to include large animals’ evacuation in your plan.
• Prepare your animals: create an emergency plan to feed the livestock in case the fire destroyed the graze land. Make sure to brand and register your livestock properly. Make an evacuation plan for your livestock.
• Prepare your property: make sure the area near fuel tanks or other greatly combustible equipment clear from vegetation. You need to ensure that the safe place you choose is also clear from all equipment and vegetation. If it is applicable, strengthen the fences using metal posts. Make defensible space across every structures. Maintain and establish firebreaks near structures and pastures.
• Prepare emergency supplies: make sure your emergency supply kit fulfill the standard recommended by American Red Cross. The items include sanitation supplies, battery-powered radio, flashlight, extra batteries, water (for three days), non-perishable food (for 3 days, all family members), map with evacuation routes, a can opener, a dust bandana or mask, first aid kit, extra contact lenses or eyeglasses, special medications, important contact numbers and family documents, and easily carried valuables (phones, credit cards, cash, etc.).
Those are the things you need to prepare to face a wildfire in Texas. It is important to always communicate with your fire operations and inform them about the wildfire condition near your area and cooperate with them in case they need your help.