Beaumont Fire & Rescue, The Fire Museum of Texas and Firefighter’s Local 399 is excited to inform you we are working on a Bronze Memorial to honor all deceased, fallen, active, paid or volunteer, retired and future firefighters in Texas and a Pavilion/Bandstand.
Let the fundraising campaign begin! The project has been very well received and we are expecting firefighters from all over the state and the local community to get involved. To donate call 409-880-3927 or mail your contribution to The Fire Museum of Texas, 400 Walnut, Beaumont, TX 77701. Donations over $1,000 will be permanently recognized at the site.
The memorial and pavilion will honor present past and fallen firefighters of Texas. The new construction will be located at the C.A. “Pete” Shelton Memorial Plaza in downtown Beaumont, across the street from the Texas Fire Museum. The site currently includes brick pavers from fire departments around the state, deceased and fallen Firefighters from across the state of Texas, a memorial to the fallen New York Firefighters of September 11, 2001, and a 24 foot fire hydrant donated by Walt Disney in 1999.
Additional bricks near the Pavilion will be made available to anyone who wants to offer their support of firefighters. Bricks will continue to be sold as long as space is available.
Specific information on the proposed Statue is available at www.texasfirefightermemorial.com. Your donation should be made payable to The Fire Museum of Texas. The Fire Museum of Texas opened in 1986 and is endorsed by the Firemen's and Fire Marshals' Association of Texas as, "The Official Fire Museum of Texas". Operating as a 501 (c) (3) the Museum is managed by a Board of Directors through a partnership with the City of Beaumont. The Museum is recognized as one of Texas's Best FREE places for individuals, groups and families to visit. For more information please call The Fire Museum of Texas, Carol Gary Executive Director 409-880-3927
Memorial Bricks or Tribute Bricks to Firefighters Orders:
An engraved brick costs $100 and checks should be made payable to the Fire Museum of Texas.
The following are instructions and the form that needs to be filled out for all brick orders. Circle One for brick placement and clarify the category:
1. "Walk of State" (around the 24 foot hydrant)
(deceased, fallen, retired firefighters name's or fire departments)
from anywhere in the State of Texas)
2. Your family or business name or message to all firefighters (near and around the new Pavilion)
3. A firefighter currently serving in Texas (Near the new bronze memorial)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERS
Please use the following guidelines when preparing your order.
Text is limited to three lines of print;
- Only 16 letters/spaces per line;
- Be sure the entire letter is inside the space and only one letter, comma, hyphen or period per space;
- Allow one blank space between each word;
- There should be only one order per form;
- Please use capital letters ONLY - print not script;
- Bricks placed near the memorials are limited to fire departments, fire organizations, active, retired and deceased firefighters in the state of Texas. An area around the new Pavilion will allow anyone to place an engraved brick with a family or business name in appreciation of firefighters.
- Names of individuals will be accepted for Line of Duty Deaths, retired firefighters, and families who want a brick in memory of a firefighter.
- Please include your name, return address and phone number on your order form.
Bricks offer 3 lines with 16 characters on each line:
Line one: __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Line two __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Line three __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Please call us at 409-880-3927 for more inforamation. Bricks will be placed on the Plaza as soon as possible upon ordering and we try to call you as soon as the bricks are placed.